The Scottish Government alongside the Institute for Research and Innovation in Social Services (Iriss) are delighted to announce this years’ Scottish Social Services Awards 2023 finalists.
Entries across all categories were reviewed, scored, and discussed at length to identify the deserving individuals, teams and organisations who demonstrate best practice in the social services sector. And after much deliberation and discussion from our judging panels, the below individuals, teams, and organisations were selected as the 2023 Scottish Social Services Awards finalists.
Excellence in Children’s Services
- PREpare (Partnership, Relationship, Empowerment) in Child Protection, Angus Council
- Swiis Foster Care Scotland
Excellence in Adult Services
- Perth and Forth Valley Team, Community Integrated Care
- Relationship First, Simon Community Scotland
- Robert Alan Unit, Avondale Care
Excellence in Disabilities Services
- Chestnut Lane, Community Integrated Care
- Falkirk Learning Disability Team, Falkirk Health and Social Care Partnership
- Old Edinburgh Road, Community Integrated Care
Excellence in Justice Services
- JSW Groupwork Services, Fife Council
- Women’s Justice Service, Falkirk Council
Outstanding Residential Care Service
- Millview Cottage Residential Care Team, Dundee City Council
- The Strathmore Centre, Angus Council
Bright Spark in Social Work – In partnership with SWS
- Lori Downing, Dumfries and Galloway Council
- Varvara Shevtsova, University of Dundee
Bright Spark in Social Care – In partnership with CCPS
- Amy Driske, Holmes care group
- Andrew Sinclair, Wheatley Care
- Colin Paterson, Inverclyde HSCP
Social Care Worker of the Year
- Alan Berry, Wheatley Homes South
- Scott Gallagher, Wheatley Care Fullarton Service
- Shevonne Murphy, Holmes Care Group
Social Worker of the Year – In partnership with SASW
- Jean Ritchie, East Renfrewshire Health, and Social Care Partnership
- Sara Hunter, Fife Justice Social Work Services, Fife Council
- Susie Allison, Justice Social Work, Dumfries and Galloway Council
The recipients of the Excellence in Mental Health Award and Outstanding Contribution to Social Services will be announced on the night.
Finalists are invited to attend an in-person awards ceremony on the evening of 23 November 2023 at the Science Centre in Glasgow where winners will be announced.
Follow us on Facebook and Instagram @scottishsocialservicesawards or on X @sssaawards to stay up to date with the latest news, and join us on socials as we give you live results and updates as they come in.
For more information, please contact SSSA@speak.co.uk