The awards are open to people who are registered with the Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC) or who work for an organisation inspected by the Care Inspectorate.
You can enter yourself or nominate others as long as you have their permission. If you’re entering as an individual, you must also have permission from your organisation.
There are 12 categories, which have different criteria (listed in the bullet points) which entries should aim to demonstrate. You can enter more than one category, but entries should be tailored to show how it meets the different award criteria.
To help you submit the best entry possible, please take the time to review our Hints and Tips
When applying you will be asked to supply details of your SSSC membership or Care Inspectorate registration. If your entry is shortlisted it will be checked by the appropriate regulator.
Entries close at 6pm on 1 September.
Please note, we are unable to provide feedback on individual applications.
Terms and conditions checklist
All entries must meet the following conditions:
- have permission to enter: if you are entering as an individual you must have permission from your organisation and if you are nominating someone else you should also obtain their permission in writing. You will not be able to complete your online application unless you can confirm that you have permission.
- be registered: with the SSSC or work for an organisation which is inspected by the Care Inspectorate.
- fall within the timeframe: entries must be current and you should be able to provide evidence of practice or work carried out within the last two years (up to 31 July 2023). You will also be asked to provide details of any awards your entry has already won.
- use plain English: avoid the use of jargon, use of acronyms or social services words and phrases – imagine that you are explaining it to a stranger.
- be within the word count: no more than 600, or you risk being disqualified.
- be on time: before the deadline of 6pm on 1 September.
- attend the Awards: if shortlisted, you should be able to send a representative to the ceremony on Thursday 23 November.
- give permission to be published: we may mention you in press releases sent to the media, if shortlisted.
- be contactable: cooperate to produce a short promotional film and provide supporting information (pictures and logos) if shortlisted.
Entries are judged by a panel comprised of Scottish Government policy officials and key sector stakeholders.
They will meet to judge and agree a shortlist of three finalists in each category. The shortlist is expected to be announced late September.
To view a copy of our privacy notice please click here.
Entries have now closed for 2023.